[mythtv-users] Hiss intermittently replacing audio on playback

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Wed Aug 3 23:34:03 UTC 2011

On Tuesday, 2 August 2011, D. R. Newman <d.r.newman at e-consultation.org>
wrote:

>> Using pulse audio I assume?
>
> Yes I am using pulse audio under KDE.
>
>> A few options to get this pulse issue: use native Alsa. Use ALSA:pulse
>> driver (which is pulse's alsa emulation).
>
> Does that mean putting ALSA:pulse into the MythTV configuration?

Yes

>> If you do want to use native pulse driver for some reason, change the
pulse
>> server sampling rate from 44.1kHz default to 48kHz.
>
> Where do I change that? In /etc/pulse/daemon.conf?

Yes

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/PulseAudio#Glitches.2C_skips_or_crackling
> (or even run PulseAudio on top of Jack)?

Sounds like an awfully ugly work around... Running two sound servers on top
of another?

ALSA:pulse is the solution that gives the best solution if using pulse.
Otherwise changing the resampling rate does the trick.