[mythtv-users] is (clearqam) channel scanning idempotent (NO!)?

Brian J. Murrell brian at interlinx.bc.ca
Wed Aug 3 13:41:30 UTC 2011

On 11-08-03 09:20 AM, Eric Sharkey wrote:

> Are you sure you counted your columns correctly?

Pretty sure.

> When a channel is
> marked as invisible, the "visible" column is supposed to change from 1
> to 0.

Right.

> I don't know why that would happen.

Indeed.  And how about all of the channels that were there before and
after the scan where the callsign and name were simply dropped?  This is
the kind of loss-of-information (that shouldn't happen) that I feared
and that I am now going to have to spend hours restoring this
unnecessarily lost information.

The result of this little venture proves that (digital, at least)
channel [re-]scanning is _NOT_ idempotent.  You WILL LOSE INFORMATION
that you should not lose for channels that do not change before and
after the scan.  ~sigh~

b.