[mythtv-users] MythMetadataLookup questions

Kevin Kuphal kkuphal at gmail.com
Wed Aug 3 12:38:11 UTC 2011

On Tue, Aug 2, 2011 at 7:29 AM, Robert McNamara
<robert.mcnamara at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Tue, Aug 2, 2011 at 5:26 AM, Kevin Kuphal <kkuphal at gmail.com> wrote:
> >

> > On Mon, Aug 1, 2011 at 12:29 AM, Robert McNamara <
> robert.mcnamara at gmail.com>
> > wrote:
> >>

> >> I hope that this reply helps you to understand how you can take
> >> advantage of this new functionality when you begin to use it.  I
> >> recognize that this involves a potentially significant amount of
> >> initial work for users with very active existing setups.  For users
> >> with high quality guide data like Schedules Direct, many of these
> >> steps can be skipped because the metadata code can make much better
> >> assumptions when provided with more accurate and complete data.
> >> However, once users settle in to how things work when creating new
> >> rules (by opening Metadata Options when setting up a new rule, or
> >> doing the equivalent in Mythweb when that part is committed), it will
> >> become a part of their muscle memory and they will experience the
> >> near-perfect results that I, and my many guinea pigs in writing this
> >> code, do.  Moreover, when this becomes a part of released code, new
> >> MythTV users will simply understand that if they wish to get artwork,
> >> they will need to allow the code to perform a lookup (and assist it
> >> when necessary).
> >
> > Can you advise how to set the inetref on a FindOne recording (of a movie)
> > that was recorded prior to 0.25 where the recording rule is no longer
> > present?  I have a number of movies as well as holiday specials,
> children's
> > specials, etc that are in my Watch Recordings that are either tied to a
> > generic Power Rule or have no rule at all.  Where do I go in MythCenter
> > (stock theme) to edit the inetref of an existing recording so that
> metadata
> > can be downloaded.  The metadata editor is great for editing things that
> we
> > are currently recording but I have not been able to find where to
> populate
> > data for existing content like I can with Videos.
> > Kevin
>

> Sure-- for recordings which no longer have their rule, you can press
> MENU->Recording Options->Change Recording Metadata.
>
> The Season/Episode/Inetref widgets are now required in the resulting
> window, you can set it for an individual recording item there (no
> automatic lookup takes place in this window).

Thanks.  Worked as expected.  Only thing I noticed in going through the
process is that the MythCenter recordings Post-Processing screen lacks the
checkbox for running metadata by default on the recording rule so I set that
manually in the DB for now.

Kevin