[mythtv-users] Setting up a replacement Myth server

Neil Bird neil at fnxweb.com
Wed Aug 3 10:01:00 UTC 2011

Around about 01/08/11 15:26, Michael T. Dean typed ...
> If the tuners are like-for-like replacements, then the Video Sources
> should be the same as they were before.  If that's the case, there's no
> need to "Delete all Video Sources", and that means there's no need to
> re-scan channels or anything.

   Thanks for that Michel, and the related thread link.  And the others who
piped up in the thread too!

   That's pretty much what I thought and hoped;  I am intending to replace
as near as dammit like-for-like (so my current PVR-350 using only s-video
with an equiv. Hauppauge to do the same, and my current single-tuner Nova
DVB-T for, well, another (maybe dual tuner, but I don't anticipate that
being an issue)).

   So yes, a delete-all-cards, followed by adding the new cards & attaching
the existing sources should do the do for me.

--
[neil at fnx ~]# rm -f .signature
[neil at fnx ~]# ls -l .signature