[mythtv-users] Jamu/MythMetadataLookup using IMDB?

Alex Tomlins alex at tomlins.org.uk
Tue Aug 2 20:54:31 UTC 2011

On 02/08/11 21:39, Neil Cooper wrote:
> The issue I have is that TMDB only apparently caters to US-made movies, and I (and presumably many other MythTV users) have quite a few movies in my media collection that TVDB/TMDB don't know about (but IMDB does). Even though Jamu reocgnises IMDB numbers, it apparently can't use IMDB for getting actual metadata.
>
> The end result is that even if I provide the correct IMDB number to MythTV/Jamu, it seems to annoyingly do a fuzzy rather than exact match, then uses incorrect metadata from presumably the next closest match. Personally I'd prefer if it just did an exact match or found nothing.
>
> I realise Jamu is about to be replaced in MythTV 0.25, so would it be possible to add support to MythMetadataLookup for optionally using imdb.com as one of its metadata sources?

An alternative option would be to add missing movies to TMDB.  I guess
the only reason it seems to cater to US-made movies only is because
that's all that's been added to it so far.

Quoting from the front page: "themoviedb.org is a free and open movie
database. It's completely user driven by people like you."

Also, I believe the reason that the IMDB grabber was removed is because
it was violating their terms of use. See
http://www.imdb.com/help/show_article?conditions

Alex

--
Alex Tomlins
Email/Jabber: alex at tomlins.org.uk

There are two kinds of people in the world: those who finish what they started