[mythtv-users] Ceton and HVR-2250

Patrick Oglesby octoberblu3 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 2 19:42:42 UTC 2011

On Tue, Aug 2, 2011 at 2:25 PM, Tom Bongiorno <two.bits.11 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> Is anyone successfully running an Ceton InfiniTV 4 alongside a Hauppauge
> HVR-2250?  I have been having a heck of a time getting this to work.  I have
> tried multiple video cards and motherboards of different brands and
> chipsets.  The system boots fine upon installation with both cards in the
> system, but when I copy the HVR-2250 fireware to /lib/firmware and sudo make
> install the Ceton kernel extension?, the system will no longer fully boot.
> I am running a fresh install of Mythbuntu 11.04.  It is an AM3 processor.  I
> have tried both AMD and NVIDIA chipset motherboards.  Both these cards ran
> just fine individually within Mythbuntu 11.04, but not together.  The
> display never comes up with both installed with firmware.  I am able to
> ctrl-alt-f1 to get to a prompt, but I can't seem to find any errors in the
> logs.  I am at a loss of what to look for or try.  Any help is appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> Tom

This is my current setup in my master backend. I have the Ceton card
right next to the HVR-2250 on a motherboard with an AMD chipset with
ATI 3300 integrated video.  I am running Slackware64-current with the
3.0.0 kernel.  I had no troubles with booting with both cards.

Perhaps you can try blacklisting both cards' drivers (saa7164 and
ctn91xx) and loading them manually after your computer boots.  Make
sure the firmware is installed correctly before you load the kernel
modules.

Good luck,
Patrick