[mythtv-users] MythMetadataLookup questions

Kevin Kuphal kkuphal at gmail.com
Tue Aug 2 12:26:53 UTC 2011

On Mon, Aug 1, 2011 at 12:29 AM, Robert McNamara
<robert.mcnamara at gmail.com>wrote:

> I hope that this reply helps you to understand how you can take
> advantage of this new functionality when you begin to use it.  I
> recognize that this involves a potentially significant amount of
> initial work for users with very active existing setups.  For users
> with high quality guide data like Schedules Direct, many of these
> steps can be skipped because the metadata code can make much better
> assumptions when provided with more accurate and complete data.
> However, once users settle in to how things work when creating new
> rules (by opening Metadata Options when setting up a new rule, or
> doing the equivalent in Mythweb when that part is committed), it will
> become a part of their muscle memory and they will experience the
> near-perfect results that I, and my many guinea pigs in writing this
> code, do.  Moreover, when this becomes a part of released code, new
> MythTV users will simply understand that if they wish to get artwork,
> they will need to allow the code to perform a lookup (and assist it
> when necessary).

Can you advise how to set the inetref on a FindOne recording (of a movie)
that was recorded prior to 0.25 where the recording rule is no longer
present?  I have a number of movies as well as holiday specials, children's
specials, etc that are in my Watch Recordings that are either tied to a
generic Power Rule or have no rule at all.  Where do I go in MythCenter
(stock theme) to edit the inetref of an existing recording so that metadata
can be downloaded.  The metadata editor is great for editing things that we
are currently recording but I have not been able to find where to populate
data for existing content like I can with Videos.

Kevin