[mythtv-users] Mythtv 0.22 upgrade problems

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Mon Aug 1 20:01:18 UTC 2011

Just a warning to *never* do the following after MythTV 0.24.

On 11/14/2009 2:01 PM, Michael T. Dean wrote

> >>/  On Sat, Nov 7, 2009 at 9:08 PM, Michael T. Dean wrote:
> />>/
> />>>/  Backup your database (
> />>>/  http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Database_Backup_and_Restore  ).
> />>>/
> />>>/  Then:
> /...
> />>>/  you.
> //
> /
> Please try re-running the mysql command.  If MythVideo can't upgrade the
> schema after doing so, please paste the output of the mysql command.
> The following will capture the output in a file called results.log in
> the user's home directory:
>
> cat<<  "EOF" | mysql -umythtv -p mythconverg 2>&1 | tee results.log
> DROP TABLE IF EXISTS videocast;
> DROP TABLE IF EXISTS videocategory;
> DROP TABLE IF EXISTS videocountry;
> DROP TABLE IF EXISTS videogenre;
> DROP TABLE IF EXISTS videometadata;
> DROP TABLE IF EXISTS videometadatacast;
> DROP TABLE IF EXISTS videometadatacountry;
> DROP TABLE IF EXISTS videometadatagenre;
> DROP TABLE IF EXISTS videotypes;
> DROP TABLE IF EXISTS filemarkup;
> DROP TABLE IF EXISTS dvdinput;
> DROP TABLE IF EXISTS dvdtranscode;
> DELETE FROM settings WHERE value
>    IN ('mythvideo.DBSchemaVer',
>        'VideoDBSchemaVer',
>        'DVDDBSchemaVer');
> EOF
>
> Also, please attach (or pastebin) the (whole) frontend log from trying
> to start mythfrontend right after running the above mysql command (make
> sure you get rid of any old log information in the file before starting
> mythfrontend so that it only shows the session that attempted and failed
> to upgrade the MythVideo schema).

MythVideo's database schema was rolled into the MythTV database schema
during development of 0.25 as part of an effort to fully integrate
MythVideo with MythTV.  Therefore, if you're running
unstable/development code or MythTV 0.25 or later (when released) and
you delete the MythVideo database schema, you will break your MythTV
database schema, and mythfrontend (and mythbackend and mythtv-setup)
will not be able to re-create the schema tables for you.

If anyone knows how to remove pages from the Internet, please let me
know and I'll remove all copies of these e-mails from all the archives
out there.  Perhaps Joe Garelli knows how...  :)

Mike