[mythtv-users] Comcast CableCard Info

Tom Bongiorno two.bits.11 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 1 17:14:23 UTC 2011

On Wed, Jul 27, 2011 at 1:40 PM, Steven Adeff <adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Wed, Jul 27, 2011 at 1:29 PM, Ronald Frazier <ron at ronfrazier.net>
> wrote:
> > On Wed, Jul 27, 2011 at 1:23 PM, Steven Adeff <adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >> do you still need windows to update to the latest firmware? I have no
> >> windows machines so this process is my only concern.
> >
> > You did a few weeks ago, but as was recently posted on one of the
> > threads here, Ceton finally got the files onto their website so you
> > can just download them to your computer, then upload them through the
> > card's built in web interface (on the System tab).
> >
> > You can download the files from here:
> > http://www.cetoncorp.com/infinitv/support/linux.php
>
> awesome, I think then it's time to get one while the discount is still
> available.
>

> --
> Steve
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/User:Steveadeff
> Before you ask, read the FAQ!
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Frequently_Asked_Questions
> then search the Wiki, and this list,
> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/

I have had fun today running to a couple different local offices hunting for
a CableCard with none to be had.  I even called 1-800-COMCAST a couple times
to complain.  I just received a phone call that they are going to send me a
"Network Interface Card" in the mail (3-5 business days).  I expect to have
it before the weekend, but what exactly are they sending?  My guess is that
is it won't be a CableCard.  I am still going to keep stopping in the local
offices until I get my "NIC" in the mail.  This should be interesting.

-Tom