[mythtv-users] Best Practices: mythtv-setup after updates?

Brian Long briandlong at gmail.com
Thu Apr 28 14:09:55 UTC 2011

If I use pre-built mythtv packages for 0.24-fixes and the repository
updates from 0.24-231-gc2baf1b to 0.24-238-g2a9d9f5, am I required to
run mythtv-setup before running the new backend?  I seem to remember
back in the 0.20 or 0.21 days it was recommended to always run
mythtv-setup any time an upgrade was performed, but that was before
the -fixes branches were created.  What's the best practice nowadays?

/Brian/