[mythtv-users] Slightly OT: Modify mythweb flash streaming for an in progress recording (Formula 1)

Richard Shaw hobbes1069 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 26 18:12:18 UTC 2011

On Tue, Apr 26, 2011 at 1:07 PM, Robert McNamara
<robert.mcnamara at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 26, 2011 at 10:21 AM, Richard Morton
> <richard.e.morton at gmail.com> wrote:
>> That is fantastic progress, especially if we can have this included in .25
>> and even better backported to .24fixes.
>
> We don't backport new features, and although I know it doesn't please
> people, the general strategy of the mythweb guys has been not to sink
> any more work into flash streaming since the ultimate solution is to
> add transcoding to the protocol/backend and use that with an HTML5
> video player.

With this method, I would think it would allow you to offload
transcoding to a different backend? I would really like on-demand
transcoding for my android phone as well but it would be nice if I can
offload the transcoding process itself to a backend other than my
combined FE/BE.

Thanks,
Richard