[mythtv-users] channel numbering is messed up: BBC ONE was 1, is now 4173

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Mon Apr 25 18:44:10 UTC 2011

On 25 April 2011 18:27, UB40D <ub40dd at googlemail.com> wrote:
> I am running mythbuntu 10.10 with a DVB-T-only Hauppauge dual tuner.
>
> Recently, possibly following a rescan/retune after digital switchover,
> the mapping between the channels and their numbers has been messed up.
> For example: BBC ONE used to be 1, but now it's both 1 and 4173, and
> actually the "1" instance doesn't work.
>
> More specifically:
>
>  Frontend / Manage recordings / Schedule recordings / Search lists / Channels
>
> gives me a listing that starts with an ok-looking
>
> 1 BBC ONE
> 2 BBC TWO
> 3 ITV1
> [...etc, but continues with...]
> 4173 BBC ONE
> 4287 BBC TWO
> 4288 BBC THREE
> [...]
>
> The more serious problem is that selecting "1 BBC ONE" gives me "No
> listings found for this program"! I do however get the expected
> listings if I scroll all the way down to "4173 BBC ONE" and select
> that.
>
> How can I fix things so that I get rid of the duplicates and put back
> the channels where they belong? A new full rescan has not solved it.

Delete and recreate the video source, and _then_ do a full scan. This
will restore the Freeview channel numbering and your EIT listings.
Your current video source contains a mixture of working/non-working
channels from multiple scans, which as you have seen is a broken
configuration.

Cheers,
Nick

--