[mythtv-users] recordings fail without any errors logged

Mache Creeger mache at creeger.com
Mon Apr 25 14:24:24 UTC 2011

At 07:18 AM 4/25/2011, R. G. Newbury wrote:
>On 04/24/2011 11:40 PM, Mache Creeger wrote:
> > 2011-04-22 15:59:00.491 Updating status for "PBS NewsHour" on cardid 1
> > (Tuning => Recorder Failed)
>
>First thing would be to run 'df -h' and check that /var is not full, nor
>any other partition, especially where mythconverg lives.
>
>Then check tuner 1 for a physical connection.
>
>Then check is with dvb-scan or some other non-myth route, to see if it
>is actually working (vlc is one method).
>

>--
>               R. Geoffrey Newbury

Thanks for getting back. I did check those items to no avail. This
was a very stable system that just started failing so it was weird.
My clue was that one day late last week, Comcast's DTAs needed to be
power cycled for no apparent reason. I had a hunch that it was to
load a new frequency table and late last night effectively did the
same with scte65scan. Success.

-- Mache