[mythtv-users] ffmpeg errors

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Sun Apr 24 21:23:01 UTC 2011

On 24 April 2011 21:20, Matt Harrison <iwasinnamuknow at genestate.com> wrote:
> On 24/04/2011 21:12, Nick Morrott wrote:
>> On 24 April 2011 20:41, Matt Harrison<iwasinnamuknow at genestate.com>  wrote:
>>
>>> Has anyone got any ideas what I can do to get these files into shape? I can
>>> supply the options for my final encode to x264 if necessary.
>>
>> Run the recordings through ProjectX before editing/re-encoding. I do
>> this for _all_ DVB-T/S recordings, just in case.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Nick
>>

> Thanks I'll take a look at that now.

Depending on the tools you're using for editing/transcoding (and to
remove extraneous audio tracks) you may want to first demux the
transport stream into its constituent streams, and then remux into a
new MPEG2-PS file containing a single M2V video stream and single MP2
audio track.

Some tools prefer demuxed streams, others work just as well with a
(fixed) remuxed stream. The current avidemux release can produce
unsynced audio when using separate audio and video streams - when
using this tool for lossless editing I use a remuxed file.

Cheers,
Nick

--
Nick Morrott