[mythtv-users] Myth crashing

Mark Lord mythtv at rtr.ca
Sun Apr 24 16:59:04 UTC 2011

On 11-04-24 12:56 PM, Richard Shaw wrote:
> Ok, now I'm really confused.
>
> I went into setting to see if disabling VDPAU would work for the time
> being until I could afford a new card.
>
> When I got to the screen I was surprised to see "CPU+" instead of
> "VDPAU Normal" or whatever. I changed it back to VDPAU and now it
> appears to be working properly. I can play back recordings without
> issue.

My system did something like that last month too.
Playback started crashing randomly etc.. and wasn't quite
as smooth as I remembered it to be.

And like you, after much gnashing of teeth, I found that mythtv
had taken upon itself to reset the playback profile to one of the
software profiles.

I put it all back to VDPAU again, and crashes went away.