[mythtv-users] Controlling a surround sound amp

Robin Gilks g8ecj at gilks.org
Sun Apr 24 12:33:58 UTC 2011

Greetings

I've been using a Sony LMD-1510W as my surround sound amp for a couple of
years and I'm happy enough with it apart from 1 niggle - trying to get an
IR blaster to turn it off when I shut down the frontend.

I'm still on 0.23, so have no software volume control, so I use irexec to
drive a bunch of scripts to an IR blaster to turn the volume up/down and
operate the mute. Works great.

I can wake up the amp from standby using the IR blaster but the code to
put it to sleep /RELIABLY/ eludes me hence looking for other options.

Has anyone every been inside one of these boxes to hack it? I just want to
toss a few ideas about, maybe there is some direct TTL interface I could
use to drive it!!

--
Robin Gilks