[mythtv-users] How to add a recording in to the database manually?

malcolm.torrent malcolm.torrent at gmail.com
Fri Apr 22 17:42:36 UTC 2011

so the thermal alarm on my removable HDD enclosure goes off, the server
has crashed and the OS HDD is dead. Worse still its 3am.

I've been here before, all my recordings are on a separate disks, I'll
just rebuild and recover the database.... so whats the problem?

You guessed it, the database backups were all stored on the main OS HDD.
Ouch what a Muppet....

I've rebuilt the system to the latest Mythbuntu (with a raid 1 for the
OS and the DB backup on to an NAS NFS share) and now I'm left with ~40
orphaned recordings in my newly recovered storage groups.

Fortunately, my poor recycling means I still have the last months worth
of listing magazines, so I have a potential mechanism of looking up what
each recording should be (rather 19th century I know).

Assuming I know the real name of the recording (or make it up) and can
extract the channel and times from the file-name, what is the
recommended 'sql' magic to put a manual entry into the new database so
the recording can be seen by the new system.?
any advice gratefully received.
MT.