[mythtv-users] iPad Remote Control - Developers Wanted

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Fri Apr 22 17:08:06 UTC 2011

On 04/22/2011 11:45 AM, Ben Curtis wrote:
> I completely agree with all points here. When you read my other
> response you'll see I've been trying to think about how an integrated
> MythWeb solution could help with some of this. The unfortunate part is
> working in the shared source is usually a much slower process than
> external apps :)

No, the only thing that's slower with the "official" upstream source is
waiting to get your changes reviewed and integrated.

Working in MythWeb--even with a team of 100s of developers spread across
the world--is no more difficult than working in your own custom
application.  Just create your own shared repo of the MythWeb git repo
and tell your developers to use that (and, when desired, update the
shared repo by pulling in changes from its origin--the
official/"upstream" MythWeb repo).

And, since MythWeb is not a compiled application, it wouldn't be that
difficult to make a package that "overlays" your changes on top of a
packaged MythWeb.

Mike