[mythtv-users] Intel GMA 950 SCART

Richard Morton richard.e.morton at gmail.com
Fri Apr 22 11:28:52 UTC 2011

As long as you are aware the devs view is that Atom systems aren't
really up to the job of a frontend, and XvMC is being removed in .25
(not sure if that relates to GMA950), and I wouldnt want to run a
combined system using EIT on a dual-core atom as each time the
scheduler runs you will probably find that playback simply grinds to a
halt!

personally, I would go pick up a cheap 2nd hand Core2 or even an i3
system with the required PCI slots as a backend and use an ION system
as a dedicated frontend.