[mythtv-users] Loud pop/crackle sound during playback

Dave Badia dbadia at gmail.com
Fri Apr 22 02:07:31 UTC 2011

On Thu, Apr 21, 2011 at 8:24 PM, Fred Donelly <fdonelly at gmail.com> wrote:
> I had this as well, but haven't had any time to look into it.  I
> worked around it by turning off audio upmixing, and the problem went
> away.  I was waiting for some new hardware at which point I was going

That's interesting, I didn't even realize I had the upmixer turned on.
 Given my original thoughts of ac3 passthrough it shouldn't have
mattered anyway - but looking back I see that one of the two shows
which had the issue was a 2 track soundtrack being upmixed.  I've
turned off upmixing now, we'll see what happens

Thanks
Dave