[mythtv-users] everyday i have to make sure myth worked the day before

Bruce Taber b.taber at comcast.net
Thu Apr 21 19:11:37 UTC 2011

On 04/21/2011 02:56 PM, Michael T. Dean wrote:
> On 04/21/2011 02:39 PM, Tom Lichti wrote:
>> Well I feel a bit stupid. I managed to get the git bisect thing to
>> work, and did the 7 required compiles, and did not come across the
>> problem at all during testing. The only problem is I forgot to test
>> the slave backend during all of it. As soon as I started it up, it
>> killed the master, the same as before. So at least now I know the
>> trigger, I will go through the git bisect process again, but this time
>> testing the SBE in the mix...at least my system is stable without it
>> though, so the WAF is better.
>
> http://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/9721
>
> Mike

I'm almost there. Unfortunately, I don't have the problem in that link.
Rather, this is the failure I am seeing:

2011-04-21 14:42:07.231 MythCoreContext: Connecting to backend server:
192.168.0.200:6543 (try 1 of 1)
2011-04-21 14:42:14.236 MythSocket(7f519800fdf0:59): readStringList:
Error, timed out after 7000 ms.
2011-04-21 14:42:14.236 Protocol version check failure.
			The response to MYTH_PROTO_VERSION was empty.
			This happens when the backend is too busy to respond,
			or has deadlocked in due to bugs or hardware failure.

I've had to go back and retest one of the versions. I think there's
another way to trigger the problem and I need to test that theory.

Bruce