[mythtv-users] 0.24 mytharchive DVD creation issue using SP profile

James Miller gajs-f0el at dea.spamcon.org
Thu Apr 21 13:05:48 UTC 2011

Hi. I have a problem creating DVD images using mytharchive. This refers to
a mythbuntu 10.04.2 system on which mythtv has been updated to 0.24 (from
repositories, not compiled locally). For what it's worth, the system is a
combined FE/BE, dual-core, with 3 GB RAM.

The issue is as follows. When I create the DVD image, if I use the SP
profile, the resulting iso contains only the first 22 minutes of the
recording (in the case where the problem became evident, the recording was
1 hour and 30 minutes total). The resulting iso ends up being close to 900
MB in size. If, however, I use the LP profile when creating the iso, the
resulting image contains the entire recording of 1 hour 30 minutes, and
not just the first 22 minutes, as happens when I use the SP profile. So
the problem I'm seeing in creating DVD images seems limited to the SP
profile.

My guess is that there is some error coded into the SP profile that
results in only the first VOB being included in the final DVD image. But I
don't have sufficient understanding to go beyond this supposition. If I
did, I'd try examining some configuration or script, looking for errors
that might cause this profile to exclude all but the first VOB from the
final DVD image. But I don't even know where to look or what to look for
in the relevant location. I'm sure, however, that there are those on this
list who could, if my supposition seems plausible, either instruct me on
what file(s) to examine and/or what to look for in it/them.

So, can anyone here respond as to whether my diagnosis of the problem,
namely that when using the SP profile only the first VOB seems to make it
into the resulting image, sounds like a plausible one? Further, can anyone
here instruct me on how to further examine, and possibly fix, the issue?

Thanks,
James