[mythtv-users] everyday i have to make sure myth worked the day before

Bruce Taber b.taber at comcast.net
Thu Apr 21 11:43:35 UTC 2011

On 04/21/2011 07:13 AM, Bruce Taber wrote:
> On 04/20/2011 08:32 PM, Tom Lichti wrote:
>>>>
> Hi Tom,
>
> I also have the problem and it seems relatively easy to reproduce. With
> your earlier version as a starting point I am in the process of trying
> to pinpoint the problem commit. I am not an expert at git but these seem
> to be the steps to do what we need. I am sure someone will make any
> necessary corrections if need be.
>
> 1. git bisect start
> 2. git bisect bad
> 3. git bisect good <your commit version from above>
> 4. git checkout <your commit version from above>
> 5. compile and run tests - most likely needs make distclean & configure
> 6. git bisect good or bad depending on test results
> 7. git bisect reset - once the bad commit is found
>
> Not sure about the actual process as I am still compiling at the first
> good point to verify that is a good version.
>
> Bruce

There is some additional database manipulations that are needed due to
the DBSchemaVer (1270) changes between the version that is listed above
and the latest my system was at (1273.)

[brtab at brumar2 ~]$ mythfrontend --version
MythTV Version   : v0.25pre-1803-gf8290b6
MythTV Branch    : master
Network Protocol : 65
Library API      : 0.25.20110414-3
QT Version       : 4.7.1
Options compiled in:
 linux release use_hidesyms using_alsa using_oss using_pulse
using_pulseoutput using_backend using_bindings_perl
using_bindings_python using_bindings_php using_dvb using_frontend
using_hdhomerun using_hdpvr using_iptv using_ivtv using_libxml2
using_libudf using_lirc using_mheg using_opengl_video using_qtdbus
using_qtwebkit using_v4l using_x11 using_xrandr using_xv
using_bindings_perl using_bindings_python using_bindings_php
using_mythtranscode using_opengl using_ffmpeg_threads using_live
using_mheg using_libxml2 using_libudf

But I concur that the version listed above seems to work okay.

Bruce