[mythtv-users] channel scan wiped user configured channel numbers

Tim Draper veehexx at gmail.com
Wed Apr 20 18:19:46 UTC 2011

got it sorted thanks to a bit of reading!

i ended up using one of the examples at one of the links you gave:
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/UK_Channel_Assignments#Combined_FreeView_and_FreeSat_HD_channel_assignment

while it wasnt overly clear when i read the sites, i pasted the example into
a txt file, logged into to mysql with the same credentials as mythtv uses
('mythtv' user + the random password), and then '\. filename' to import it,
re-ran the mythdatabasefill tool too.

it's worked as expected, although im sure that list is a bit out of date so
now i know how it works, i'll go back and add in the channels it's missing.

again, thankyou for the advice, i was really stumped on this one and a bit
annoyed i'd have to redo my hard work that i only did a few weeks ago
manually configuring channel orders.

Tim