[mythtv-users] frontend can't login into backend

Mike Bennett mbppg at comcast.net
Tue Apr 19 14:02:23 UTC 2011

On 04/18/2011 02:18 PM, Mike Bennett wrote:

> On 04/18/2011 01:09 PM, Jim Morton wrote:
>>>>
>>> So how would I check? on both boxes it is mythtv and mythtv.
>>>
>> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Category:MySQL
>>

> Thanks Jim I will give that a try tonight when I get home.

Okay I tried the info on resetting the passwords and still the same
thing. I verified that I had the pin set to 0000 in the general setting
on the main myth setup. Now if I change the IP setting on the remote
frontend database ssetup to point to the host name myth.mbppg.com
instead of the actual IP then it seems to get past the login but then it
says "cannot find (ping) database". If I uncheck the ping it stops
responding and I had to stop the backend and then rerun the remote setup
and recheck the ping box then restart the backend just for the screen to
show back up.

--
regards,

Mike Bennett