[mythtv-users] Slave BE produces only NULL hashes

Yianni Vidalis yiannividalis at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 19 05:49:59 UTC 2011

I realised that for all my videometadata available from one BE the hashes are NULL. The MB succesfully creates hashes for films / episodes stored on itself, but the BE only creates NULL ones. Both run OpenSuSE 11.4 but the problem was occuring even before the upgrade from 11.3.

If I move an unhashed film to the MB the hash is created normally.

This is the mythfrontend --version from the affected BE.

MythTV Version   : v0.25pre-1793-g8741c3a
MythTV Branch    : master
Network Protocol : 65
Library API      : 0.25.20110414-3
QT Version       : 4.7.2
Options compiled in:
 linux release use_hidesyms using_alsa using_jack using_oss using_pulse using_pulseoutput using_backend using_bindings_perl using_bindings_python using_bindings_php using_dvb using_frontend using_hdpvr using_iptv using_libfftw3 using_libxml2 using_lirc using_mheg using_opengl_video using_qtdbus using_qtwebkit using_v4l using_x11 using_xrandr using_bindings_perl using_bindings_python using_bindings_php using_mythtranscode using_opengl using_vdpau using_ffmpeg_threads using_live using_mheg using_libxml2

Both have the same packages with "hash" in them, if it makes any difference:
i | mhash                                | A Library for Working with Strong Hashes (Like MD5)                   | package
i | perl-Crypt-SmbHash                   | perl module Crypt::SmbHash                                            | package
i | perl-Tie-IxHash                      | TieIxHash Perl Module                                                 | package
i | php5-hash                            | PHP5 Extension Module                                                 | package

The frontend log doesn't show any errors. If I have to provide any logs, please let me know what verbosity is required.

Yianni.