[mythtv-users] Error: Try to manually increase audio buffer with: echo 192 | sudo tee /proc/asound/card0/pcm1p/sub0/prealloc

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Tue Apr 19 03:32:05 UTC 2011

On 19 April 2011 13:00, Chris Porter <hoodlum7 at gmail.com> wrote:

> The user mythfrontend is running as does not have permissions to increase
> the audio buffer. I suggest putting the line
>
> echo 192 | sudo tee /proc/asound/card0/pcm1p/sub0/prealloc
>
> into one of your startup scripts.

Note, that using more than 64kB of audio buffer is only working with a
limited amount of card, mainly Intel and nVidia.

It you see this error, and audio plays fine, no need to worry.
It's not much of a problem playing stereo audio, or digital AC3/DTS

However, using LPCM audio or TrueHD/DTS-HD bitstreaming will be an
issue with just the default 64kB