[mythtv-users] frontend can't login into backend

Mike Bennett mbppg at comcast.net
Mon Apr 18 18:19:25 UTC 2011

Okay I had to rebuild my mythtv box this past weekend. I moved from
mythdora to fedora 14 running the latest mythtv .24-7.fc14. I have the
backend/frontend combo PC running great but the two other frontend only
boxes say they can't login. In the initial setup under the General setup
page I put the the actual IP of the server for both the local backend
and master backend and kept the default port 6543. But when I try to get
access to the backend from another frontend box using the correct mythtv
user and password it says it can't login. Any ideas?

Also does someone have or tell me where to get the power button script
like the one used in mythdora to start and stop mythfrontend?

--
regards,

Mike Bennett
www.mbppg.com