[mythtv-users] mysql error

Alex Tomlins alex at tomlins.org.uk
Sun Apr 17 08:39:27 UTC 2011

On 16/04/11 21:14, Larry Finger wrote:
> I was checking my mythtv logs and discovered many of the following:
>
> QMYSQL3: Unable to execute query
> Database error was:
> Table './mythconverg/recordedseek' is marked as crashed and should be repaired
>
> 2011-04-16 13:00:00.182 DB Error (delta position map insert):
> Query was:
> INSERT INTO recordedseek (chanid, starttime, mark, type, offset) VALUES ( '1011'
> , '2011-04-16T12:30:00' , 3588 , 6 , 1164660736 );
> Driver error was [2/145]:
>
> Using info from the Mythtv web pages, I used the following command to try to fix it:
>
> mysqlcheck -r -umythtv -p<password>   mythconverg
>
> It produces the following output for redordedseek:
>
> mythconverg.recordedseek
> error    : 5 when fixing table
> error    : 5 when trying to write bufferts
> Error    : Error writing file '/var/lib/mysql/mythconverg/recordedseek.MYI'
> (Errcode: 5)
> status   : Operation failed
>
> The file mentioned above is owned by mythtv, which has rw privileges.

Unless mysql is running as the mythtv user, that's almost certainly
wrong.  All the files in the mysql data dir (/var/lib/mysql in your
case) should be owned by the mysql user.  Having said that, I'd expect
that to generate an Errcode 13, not 5.

Is there anything in your dmesg output that would coincide with these
errors?  Have you fsck'd that partition recently?

Alex

--
Alex Tomlins
Email/Jabber: alex at tomlins.org.uk

There are two kinds of people in the world: those who finish what they started