[mythtv-users] SchedulesDirect timing out during Mythfilldatabase

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sat Apr 16 21:30:23 UTC 2011

On 04/16/2011 05:00 PM, Frank Phillips wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 16, 2011 at 3:32 PM, DeKay wrote:
>> I am on Arch but didn't upgrade to MySQL 5.5 yet.  And I'm 100% sure
>> it isn't MySQL, though it was my first suspicion and had to rule that
>> out.  I did some earlier debugging where I turned on all the
>> mythfilldatabase debugging.  The database ops between file gets are
>> fast: it is getting the file that takes forever.  The file gets and
>> database operations don't overlap either: a slow database operation
>> wouldn't time out the wget operation.
>>
>> And I've posted this to the SD support forum, though my message is
>> sitting in moderation right now.
> Thanks, good info. Try this:
>
> 1) start mythfilldatabase in a terminal. but pause it part way through
> (Ctl-Z).
>
> 2) cp /tmp/mythtv_ddp_*/mythtv_post_* /tmp/soap to grab a copy of the SOAP
> file before it is deleted
>
> 3) wget --http-user=username --http-passwd=password --post-file=/tmp/soap
> http://webservices.schedulesdirect.tmsdatadirect.com/schedulesdirect/tvlistings/xtvdService--user-agent=MythTV/0.24.20101129-1.v0.24-232-g464fa28-dirty
> --output-document=/tmp/datadirect.gz --header=Accept-Encoding:gzip
>
> This should confirm that grabbing the file for you is slow and
> mythfilldatabase is not at fault.

Or just install XMLTV's tv_grab_na_dd and use tv_grab_na_dd -dd-data
/path/to/file.xml to have it download the raw data to /path/to/file.xml .

In reality, though, DeKay, you should probably be using mythfilldatabase
--dd-grab-all , which does one download per lineup, rather than several
(and is easier on the TMS/Schedules Direct servers, and results in
better data for you).  See

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/449426#449426
https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/commit/d2822566

Mike