[mythtv-users] LIRC and MythBuntu 10.10

Mark Lord mythtv at rtr.ca
Sat Apr 16 20:08:53 UTC 2011

On 11-04-16 02:00 PM, Jarod Wilson wrote:
> On Apr 15, 2011, at 11:01 PM, f-myth-users at media.mit.edu wrote:
>
>>> Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2011 13:47:16 -0400
>>> From: Jarod Wilson <jarod at wilsonet.com>
>>
>>> looks like that fix went in post-2.6.37, and 11.04 is shipping with
>>> a 2.6.37.x-based kernel.
>>
>> No it's not.  Current 11.04 is already 2.6.38-8, which I'm running on
>> an experimental basis on a test machine here.
>
> Ah, so it is. Good. So the state of IR should actually be pretty sane
> for the next 6 months.
>
>> http://kernel.ubuntu.com/~kernel-ppa/info/kernel-version-map.html
>
> Its a travesty that something like that is required to figure out what
> upstream kernel a given ubuntu kernel is actually based on...

Actually, as far as mainstream distros go, that's pretty good.
Just try figuring out a Redhat kernel.. sure there's a major
version number (like 2.6.32), but the subsystems inside could be
from completely different major versions.  And then there's all
of those patches mashed together into a single source blob..

Cheers