[mythtv-users] Ceton Infinitv4 on Amazon

John Drescher drescherjm at gmail.com
Sat Apr 16 18:25:18 UTC 2011

> Comcast must install it in any device you ask as long as it is a CableLabs
> certified OCUR.  In this case, the OCUR is the Ceton card, not you linux
> box.  The tech that comes out may not know the difference, but technically
> he cannot say no.  You could put it in a toaster, and as long it gets power
> so that they can verify the tuner card and the CableCard are paired up, you
> are good to go.  No Win7MC needed.

That is good to hear. I was expecting needing Win7 because of the
serious difficulty I already had just getting a cable card working in
my HD tv. It took 2 appointments and over 3 hours to get it working.

Since the cable card would only be locked down to the Celton card and
have no connection to the PC or OS I may just borrow windows 7 box for
the install then after its working put the card inside one of my two
MythTV backends.

John