[mythtv-users] MythFrontend for Windows - Problem with mismatched TimeZone

Dave Pearson lists at the-pearsons.co.uk
Fri Apr 15 20:26:22 UTC 2011

Hi all,

I've just downloaded a MythFrontend binary for Windows from
http://members.iinet.net.au/~davco/

Unfortunately, when I try to run it, it complains:

"Your frontend and backend are configured in different timezones. You
must correct this mismatch to continue"

My Backend is running on Ubuntu 10.10 and the time is set to Europe/London

My Windows Frontend is Windows 7 and the time is set to (UTC) Dublin,
Edinburgh, Lisbon, London

I'm guessing that I need to set a Timezone environment variable in
Windows before I start the frontend, but what is the variable I need to
set and what should I set it to so that the timezones match?

Regards,
Dave.