[mythtv-users] Partitioning advice request

Mark Lord mythtv at rtr.ca
Fri Apr 15 13:16:20 UTC 2011

On 11-04-15 05:37 AM, francis3 wrote:

> Do you think that a SSD drive would be a good idea for OS and DB?

Absolutely. I use SSDs as system drives in just about all of my machines
here now.  The Mythtv box was the first to get one, though.
Now it boots much more quickly, and runs quiet and cool.

I use a single 2TB WD "Green" drive in it for recordings/videos,
and that drive is also pretty much "silent".  Much much more quiet
than other drives I have used before trying that model.

At some point soon, I will add a second 2TB WD Green drive
to increase storage.  I don't expect to hear any extra noise from it.

Cheers