[mythtv-users] MythTV Does Not See PVR-250 - Must Fix Before Wife Returns!

Dave Sp davespmyth at gmail.com
Fri Apr 15 04:05:54 UTC 2011

On Tue, Apr 12, 2011 at 2:34 AM, Rob Smith <kormoc at mythtv.org> wrote:

> On Mon, Apr 11, 2011 at 10:01 PM, Drew Tomlinson
> <drew at mykitchentable.net> wrote:
> > I won't actually test my PVR-250 card until tomorrow because Myth is
> > currently recording so I don't want to shutdown the backend.  However I
> ran
> > mythtv-setup and the "IVTV MPEG-2" capture card choice is there.
> >
> > Thanks again for the ebuilds!
>
> Awesome, glad to hear it's looking good.
>
> ~Rob

Kernel 2.6.38 was just released for Debian Testing users in the past week;
they had been using kernel 2.6.32.  Those users are now afflicted/affected
by the V4L changes if they use older capture cards.  (I'm one of them.)

After just now doing a "git pull" of 0.24/fixes and applying the patch from
"
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/mythtv/+bug/717717/+attachment/1931713/+files/mythtv-v4l2-fix.patch",
I am now able to access my PVR-500 as when I was using kernel 2.6.32.  (I
was not able to use it before applying the patch.)

So the above patch is A Good Thing.  My two cents.

--DaveSp