[mythtv-users] Sasktel IPTV (Microsoft Mediaroom) - Again.

greg at nodecam.com greg at nodecam.com
Thu Apr 14 20:06:26 UTC 2011

> Now to convince the wife we need one. (This shouldn't be too hard a
> sell, she greatly prefers MythTV to both the Sasktel and Shaw PVR's
> and she is a professional user interface designer. Good work
> everyone!)

The only things I feel I should mention - you need a pretty new kernel to
use the hdpvr and blaster.  I'm currently running Gentoo's 2.6.38-r1
kernel, when I'd not normally use an -r1/masked kernel :)

The other thing is that the hdpvr goes on sale at ncix periodically, I
picked mine up for $180 a few weeks back.  If you're not under time
pressure, waiting can save you a few bucks (I see it's on sale this week
for $190 there)

So far so good though - I've had it working well for a week or so.  Good
luck.

Greg