[mythtv-users] Sasktel IPTV (Microsoft Mediaroom) - Again.

Chris Payne chrisgpayne at gmail.com
Thu Apr 14 17:58:22 UTC 2011

>> I am using fedora 14, and only the latest kernel seems to work.
>> The HDPVR receiver doesn't show repeats, so I still use the MCE to
>> receive.
<snip>
> I've successfully gotten my backends set up with the hdpvr blaster, and
> everything is going along great with my new setup, though we had a power
> outage that the max boxes didn't recover from withouth manual intervention
> (I had to unplug them and plug them back in.)  Something to be aware of.

This is great news! I've been using MythTV for years now, first with
some PVR150 cards and Shaw SD, then more recently an IPTV tuner on
Sasktel. This latest Sasktel "update" has forced me to consider other
options, although our HD feeds continue to work on IPTV, the SD ones
have stopped.... alas, the end is near.

The HDPVR seemed like the best option, but I was wary to fork out $200
without at least one other Sasktel person reporting some kind of
success. Thanks to both of you for doing more than that and reporting
complete success, awesome!

Now to convince the wife we need one. (This shouldn't be too hard a
sell, she greatly prefers MythTV to both the Sasktel and Shaw PVR's
and she is a professional user interface designer. Good work
everyone!)

Cheers
Chris