[mythtv-users] MCE vs Myth (with added problem with myth)

Richard Morton richard.e.morton at gmail.com
Thu Apr 14 14:41:04 UTC 2011

Please excuse brevity and pistakes this email was composed on an Android
smartphone

> > I actually run both a MCE and Myth boxes.  When scheduling on the MCE
> > box I can only tell it to record ever episode of "The Big Bang Theory"
> > but there is no way to tell it to only record first run episodes and
> > don't rerecord episodes it already has.  That and I'm stuck using their
>
>    ...ouch. That has to bite. Sounds like something that would
unecessarily
> keep tuners busy when they don't really need to be. Sounds like something
that
> would either cause extra conflicts or require more tuners.

And lots of extra power consumption, system uptime, unnessary cable
subscriptions and lots of additional storage.

Why if you have myth would you continue with mce? One of the key things of
mythtv is getting to the point that there is no input switching of the
tv/receiver making waf very high.