[mythtv-users] hours to edit channels?

Eric Sharkey eric at lisaneric.org
Wed Apr 13 18:33:39 UTC 2011

On Wed, Apr 13, 2011 at 2:26 PM, Raymond Wagner <raymond at wagnerrp.com> wrote:
> You're making some incorrect assumptions there.

No, I'm not.  I've been told repeatedly that getting mythtv to respond
to the 5C status of a channel in real time is too hard and that users
need to blacklist channels that are usually 5C encrypted to avoid
scheduling a recording there since the 5C status for a channel does
not typically change all that often.  The proposal for a 5C flag makes
this blacklisting workaround easier for the user to deal with,
although having real time detection would be much better, of course.

Eric