[mythtv-users] hours to edit channels?

James Oltman cnlibmyth at gmail.com
Wed Apr 13 13:37:47 UTC 2011

On Wed, Apr 13, 2011 at 8:20 AM, Mark Lord <mythtv at rtr.ca> wrote:

> On 11-04-13 08:59 AM, Stephen Otto wrote:
> >
> > It would be great to be able to go to SD's website and select all the
> > channels. Then to go to Mythweb and look at a matrix of tuners and
> channels
> > where I could check boxes for which channels go to with each tuner.

Why not have the user in a specific ZIP code/Cable Provider do this once,
and have that map uploaded to SD?  Then other users when they go to do their
scan, they have the option of downloading the pre-populated map.  They can
make changes (if necessary) and upload their changes back to SD.  Then SD
can scan the DB for the changes between certain users, and find out which
one is downloaded more and present that as the top option.  Just a thought.

Jim