[mythtv-users] MythCenter-wide theme customization

Richard Shaw hobbes1069 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 13 02:36:34 UTC 2011

On Tue, Apr 12, 2011 at 8:31 PM, Kevon <mythtv at reidsresidence.com> wrote:
> I am trying to customize the MythCenter-wide theme but I am not having
> much luck finding the setting I want to change. I am using the list mode
> in myth video and some of my seasons with very long name does not show
> the season/episode number in the top right. I would like to display the
> season/episode number in the bottom left as well (left of the video
> image, just above the video info). Anyone know where in the xml file I
> need to modify to add this feature?

I'm not a theming expert but I ran into the same general issue. What
you have to do is find out if what you're trying to change is part of
the "end" theme or inherited from a "base" theme.

I'm not using the correct terminology but hopefully that helps.

I believe MythCenter-wide gets a lot of it's configuration from
default-wide. You can choose to change it there or override it in
MythCenter-wide. Just remember to copy the theme files you change into
~/.mythtv/themes instead of changing them in /usr/share/mythtv so it
will not get overwritten by updates.

Richard