[mythtv-users] OT: Cant select correct video mode on powerup

William Kenworthy billk at iinet.net.au
Mon Apr 11 23:42:14 UTC 2011

Not a myth problem, but it certainly affects its use!  Someone here must
have come across and solved this before ... I hope.

My mythtv frontend system has a problem selecting the correct resolution
on startup - at poweron, the Denon amp presents a very low resolution
(320x160?) to the nivdia card (via EDID).  So when you actually take the
system out of standby, you have to restart X to get the correct EDID
reading.  I want to power off the system when not in use to prevent the
(not inconsequential as there are quite a few items other than whats
listed here) vampire current.

The Nvidia drivers ignore modelines in TV mode according to the docs
(and my attempts to overide it) so how can I force the system to either
startup in 1080[ip] or re-read the EDID when it senses a different mode
available.

The system is a Jetway Nvidia/Atom (gentoo) feeding a Denon AVR-1611 via
HDMI to a mitsubishi HC4000 projector.

BillK

Home in Perth!