[mythtv-users] MythTV Does Not See PVR-250 - Must Fix Before Wife Returns!

Drew Tomlinson drew at mykitchentable.net
Sun Apr 10 23:33:56 UTC 2011

On 4/10/2011 12:30 PM, Mark Lord wrote:
> On 11-04-10 03:11 PM, Mark Lord wrote:
>> On 11-04-10 02:48 PM, Raymond Wagner wrote:
>>> On 4/10/2011 14:23, Drew Tomlinson wrote:
>> ..
>>> There's nothing to fix in the ebuild, because there is nothing wrong
>>> with the ebuild.  There is no mention of V4L or IVTV because both are
>>> enabled by default in configure.  They are not being built into your
>>> packages because configure has determined your system is not capable of
>>> using them.  Nothing in the ebuild, besides having it locally patch
>>> against ticket 9595, will force it otherwise.
>> ..
>>
>> So the best option is to downgrade to linux-2.6.36, where everything still works,
>> and rebuild mythtv against that kernel.  Pass on 2.6.38 for now.
> Mmm.. to contradict myself now:  best option is probably to just get
> a newer snapshot of mythtv-0.24-fixes.  The latest available builds fine
> on 2.6.38.2, and has working IVTV support.
>
> I just tried this here, upgrading the kernel to 2.8.38.2,
> and then rebuilding mythtv, and my PVR-250 works.

OK, I think I finally got a current snapshot of 0.24-fixes.  Finally
figured out how to download a tarball from the github page and unpacked
it.  I got a directory named "MythTV-mythtv-2a9d9f5".  From my git
reading, the end of that directory name is the first part of a SHA1 hash
that identifies the branch?

Anyway, I navigated to mythtv within that directory and ran
"./configure" as root.  Got this output:

mythfe01 mythtv # ./configure
WARNING: disabling Python bindings; missing MySQLdb
# Basic Settings
Compile type              release
Compiler cache            no
DistCC                    no
qmake                     /usr/bin/qmake
install prefix            /usr/local
runtime prefix            /usr/local
CPU                       x86 x86_64 (AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core
Processor 3800+)
yasm                      yes
MMX enabled               yes
MMX2 enabled              yes
3DNow! enabled            yes
3DNow! extended enabled   yes
SSE enabled               yes
SSSE3 enabled             yes
CMOV enabled              yes

# Input Support
Joystick menu             yes
lirc support              yes
Video4Linux sup.          no
ivtv support              no
HD-PVR support            no
FireWire support          no
DVB support               yes [/usr/include]
DVB-S2 support            yes
HDHomeRun support         yes
IPTV support              yes

# Sound Output Support
PulseAudio support        no
OSS support               yes
ALSA support              yes
JACK support              no
libfftw3 support          no

# Video Output Support
x11 support               yes
xrandr support            yes
xv support                yes
XvMC support              yes
XvMC VLD support          yes
XvMC libs                  -lXvMCW
VDPAU support             yes
CrystalHD support         no
OpenGL video              yes
OpenGL vsync              yes
DirectFB                  no
MHEG support              yes

# Misc Features
multi threaded libavcodec yes
Frontend                  yes
Backend                   yes

# Bindings
bindings_perl             yes
bindings_python           no

Creating libs/libmythdb/mythconfig.h and libs/libmythdb/mythconfig.mak

libs/libmythdb/mythconfig.h is unchanged
external/FFmpeg/libavutil/avconfig.h is unchanged

So it appears that this won't build with Video 4 Linux or ivtv support.
Plus the python warning makes me suspicious as well.

So it appears that either I am missing something in my kernel config or
I haven't gotten the 0.24-fixes snapshot correctly.

Thanks,

Drew

--
Like card tricks?