[mythtv-users] MythTV Does Not See PVR-250 - Must Fix Before Wife Returns!

Raymond Wagner raymond at wagnerrp.com
Sun Apr 10 18:48:44 UTC 2011

On 4/10/2011 14:23, Drew Tomlinson wrote:
> On 4/10/2011 11:20 AM, Mark Lord wrote:
>> On 11-04-10 02:15 PM, Mark Lord wrote:
>>> On 11-04-10 02:06 PM, Drew Tomlinson wrote:
>>> ,,
>>> Okay.  If mythtv-setup still doesn't give a "Card Type" option for IVTV MPEG-2,
>>> then your copy of mythtv may not have been built with "--enable-ivtv" in the config.
>>>
>>> Can you get the source package and see what config options they used?
>>    From the gihub link you posted earlier, I found this file:
>>
>> https://github.com/MythTV/packaging/blob/master/Gentoo/media-tv/mythtv/mythtv-0.24_p20110329.ebuild
>>
>> That appears to be the one that actually configures/builds mythtv,
>> and there's no mention of --enable-ivtv therein.
>>
>> If you can build from the source package, then add that config option
>> to that file and try again?
> Thanks Mark.  I think you've found my issue.  Now I'll see if I can
> either edit the ebuild or build from source.  Not too familiar with
> either but I think I've found the spot to add a line in the ebuild.

There's nothing to fix in the ebuild, because there is nothing wrong
with the ebuild.  There is no mention of V4L or IVTV because both are
enabled by default in configure.  They are not being built into your
packages because configure has determined your system is not capable of
using them.  Nothing in the ebuild, besides having it locally patch
against ticket 9595, will force it otherwise.