[mythtv-users] MythTV Does Not See PVR-250 - Must Fix Before Wife Returns!

Mark Lord mythtv at rtr.ca
Sun Apr 10 18:27:02 UTC 2011

On 11-04-10 02:20 PM, Mark Lord wrote:
> On 11-04-10 02:15 PM, Mark Lord wrote:
..
>> Okay.  If mythtv-setup still doesn't give a "Card Type" option for IVTV MPEG-2,
>> then your copy of mythtv may not have been built with "--enable-ivtv" in the config.
>>
>> Can you get the source package and see what config options they used?
>

>>From the gihub link you posted earlier, I found this file:
>
> https://github.com/MythTV/packaging/blob/master/Gentoo/media-tv/mythtv/mythtv-0.24_p20110329.ebuild
>
> That appears to be the one that actually configures/builds mythtv,
> and there's no mention of --enable-ivtv therein.
>
> If you can build from the source package, then add that config option
> to that file and try again?

That's got to be the problem.  I just checked here on my test system,
which does not have any PCI tuners whatsoever, and mythtv-setup still
offers the "IVTV MPEG-2" option on that box.

So even if the kernel drivers were mucked up, the option should still
be there in mythtv-setup, if the software was built with "--enable-ivtv".

Cheers