[mythtv-users] MythTV Does Not See PVR-250 - Must Fix Before Wife Returns!

Drew Tomlinson drew at mykitchentable.net
Sun Apr 10 18:23:58 UTC 2011

On 4/10/2011 11:20 AM, Mark Lord wrote:
> On 11-04-10 02:15 PM, Mark Lord wrote:
>> On 11-04-10 02:06 PM, Drew Tomlinson wrote:
>> ,,
>>> ivtv0: Registered device video0 for encoder MPG (4096 kB)
>>> ivtv0: Registered device video32 for encoder YUV (2048 kB)
>>> ivtv0: Registered device vbi0 for encoder VBI (1024 kB)
>>> ivtv0: Registered device video24 for encoder PCM (320 kB)
>>> ivtv0: Initialized card: Hauppauge WinTV PVR-250
>>> ivtv: End initialization
>>
>> Okay.  If mythtv-setup still doesn't give a "Card Type" option for IVTV MPEG-2,
>> then your copy of mythtv may not have been built with "--enable-ivtv" in the config.
>>
>> Can you get the source package and see what config options they used?
>
>  From the gihub link you posted earlier, I found this file:
>
> https://github.com/MythTV/packaging/blob/master/Gentoo/media-tv/mythtv/mythtv-0.24_p20110329.ebuild
>
> That appears to be the one that actually configures/builds mythtv,
> and there's no mention of --enable-ivtv therein.
>
> If you can build from the source package, then add that config option
> to that file and try again?

Thanks Mark.  I think you've found my issue.  Now I'll see if I can
either edit the ebuild or build from source.  Not too familiar with
either but I think I've found the spot to add a line in the ebuild.
Then there's something about rebuilding the manifest.  Off to Google!
I'll post my results.

Cheers,

Drew

--