[mythtv-users] My mythweb shows me only new, mythfrontend only old recordings :-(

Kenni Lund kenni at kelu.dk
Sun Apr 10 15:16:09 UTC 2011

2011/4/10 Christoph Paul <chx at cvmx.net>:
> Am 10.04.2011 um 14:08 schrieb Michael T. Dean:
>> On 04/10/2011 05:46 AM, Christoph Paul wrote:
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> since 7th of April, I see new recordings only on my mythweb and recordings up to this date only on the frontend.
>>> I see  +/- all files in the filesystem storage and +/- all entries in the mythconverg recorded table.
>>> Any ideas how to get things working again would be highly appreciated.

Using EIT? On around the same day - the 7th of April (depending on
timezone), a Danish DVB-C provider started sending invalid characters
as part of the program guide transmitted with EIT. This causes
unexpected behaviour in the frontend - such as disappearing
recordings, while the recordings still can be seen through mythweb. If
you're using EIT and your DVB-S provider shares one of same EPG
sources with invalid data, you might be hit by the same issue.

Try to check for NULL characters in your recorded table, something
like the following should do it:
SELECT chanid,starttime,title FROM recorded WHERE title LIKE '%\0%' OR
subtitle LIKE '%\0%' OR description LIKE '%\0%' LIMIT 10;

It's probably not the same issue, but it's quite a coincidence with
the match of date and the missing recordings in the frontend.

Best regards
Kenni