[mythtv-users] "Watch Recordings" slow - disable thumbnail/preview generation, or big SQL queries?

Niklas Brunlid prefect47 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 10 10:11:21 UTC 2011

Something I've noticed in general when testing all of this is that when
moving around in the menus (from main menu to watch recordings) mythfrontend
will use a lot of CPU power.

I started top in a console window, then entered the main menu and held down
the arrow key for 5-10 seconds. When I switch back to the console I can see
mythfrontend at the top, eating 80+% of the CPU. Is that normal?

/ Niklas