[mythtv-users] Custom Schedule for Formula One|Formula 1|F1GP

Mike Perkins mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk
Sat Apr 9 11:54:00 UTC 2011

On 09/04/11 11:39, David Whyte wrote:

> Here in AU, the F1 is shown live on the HD sports channel and later in
> the evening it is re-run on the SD channel.  I have reduced the
> priority of my HD channel, since I don't care too much for the extra
> resolution and the storage space it needs (and the extra strain it
> puts on my borderline FE when playing back).  Now though, my scheduler
> has decided to record the SD showing later in the evening than the HD
> showing that is live.
>
> Is there any way to have a recording rule that tells the scheduler to
> record the earliest showing, ignoring channel priority?

You've asked for two mutually exclusive things. Either you want the first
showing, which means it /has/ to be HD, or you want to save disk space, which
therefore /has/ to be later and/or SD.

If you're implying you want to watch it live on HD, then you will be recording
that to disk as a LiveTV recording.

I'm not sure you can have your cake and eat it in this case.

--

Mike Perkins