[mythtv-users] Playback problem -- random short pauses

Josu Lazkano josu.lazkano at gmail.com
Fri Apr 8 05:59:56 UTC 2011

2011/4/8 Lists User <lists at lrm.com.au>:

> An interesting data point, the pausing is much worse on a remote client than
> it is on the combined front end / back end.
>
> The remote client has been faultless until the upgrade to .24, since then,
> the pause after you select a recording "please wait" is a lot longer and it
> also has periods of freezing for say 3 seconds, run for 5 seconds, freeze
> for 3 seconds etc while watching recordings.
>
> While the front end will pause, the pauses are shorter.
>
> I expect that the slower communications to the remote client magnify the
> problem.
>

> As always, happy to help by running diags etc.
>
> regards
>
> Lee

Hello Lee, there are more post related to this problem, you can find
on http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/

People suggest to make a SVN disec, is a hard work, the idea is to
find the revision where the problem start.

I am very interested on this problem, but I am not expert.

Regards.

--
Josu Lazkano